Thursday 14 April 2011

Lavender and Courtyards



I managed to steal a few more hours for the garden on Tuesday finishing the weeding of the lavender beds at last. The rosemary basked against the courtyard walls flowering quite early i think - the vivid blue mauve flowers contrasting against the earthy toned walls. i love to plant the Mediterranean herbs to fill the courtyards with their scent in the early evening and I've also added some fennel seeds around the bird bath in one of the entrance courtyards or rooms really that welcome guest as they first come through from the car park, If I'm successful then the scent of the lavender and Rosemary will be joined by that lovely aniseedy Mediterranean scent that haunts the roads side..........I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!


















































2 comments:

  1. Lovely views of your garden. I am imagining the scents of your herbs. One of my varieties od rosemary is in flower here on the edge of London. It was too cold this year for my echiums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colours adn Textures - I wanted the garden to wrap itself around people and the herbs are so evocative of happy days in the sun. Its certainly been a tough year for Echiums though - lets hope that is the last bad winter for a bit. Christine

    ReplyDelete