Tuesday 12 April 2011

Weekend dining and the weather

Yesterday got off to a gloomy start with an eerie dark light over Mounts Bay but miraculously cleared to a vibrantly sunny day just in time for two of our guests to enjoy their day flying to the Isle of Scilly. I've never been of course i being "foreign parts" as they say in Cornwall - I must go one day i hear it is beautiful and I've always harboured an ambition to visit the iconic gardens on Tresco one day perhaps one day! This blackbird arrived for an early bath in the fountain in the middle of the courtyard but froze when he realised the camera lens was on him so I didn't catch him in action. Which brings me to weekend dining...! The local pub in Perranuthnoe doesn't open on Sunday evenings but I booked tables for our guest at 2 Fore street in Mousehole this weekend ant they all had a super time strolling around the pretty sheltered granite harbour after a mega super - something else to add to my list I think!

2 comments:

  1. We've often struggled to explain the problem of Sunday evening dining in the area, with most of the pubs etc concentrating on Sunday Lunch, so it's good to know of somewhere to send people if they enquire ! Do hope your visitors are enjoying Scilly, it's wonderful even in not so good weather ! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sue I don't understand the Sunday thing either - try The Bay in Penzance as well - quite sleek and chic. Next guest to the scillies got truly drenched on Wednesday - the luck of the drawer I suppose Christine

    ReplyDelete