Saturday 9 April 2011

A brave survivor

Mounts Bay from our garden at Ednovean Farm last night


My efforts fro the sunset were only partially rewarded last night - reading Sue's blog (around Perranuthnoe and West Cornwall ) I see we have a dust cloud from the Sahara. The huge sun that sunk beyond the garden behind our surviving echium was pretty dramatic though and worth a trip out with the camera I think - any dust in other parts of the country?

Any way back to the subject of my post our surviving echium bravely shooting up now ready to flower - I probably wouldn't have planted it there but echiums are a rule unto themselves - this one has obviously cross pollinated with Pennina too, to give it its branching form - perhaps we'' have some half hardy seeds for Perranuthnoes gardeners latter in the year!

I moved behind the barn to start to weed the lavender beds that fill the little formal garden there and it was so hot - sweltering in fact - I finally emerged hot and bothered to find Ollie Cat comfortable sitting in the shade watching my labours - it's a Cats life at Ednovean Farm!


Before i finish just a reminder of Porthleven Food festival today(click here) promises to be a great day out around a traditional Cornish harbour -the sun is already climbing in the sky - hope you make it - me a couple of rooms to change...............

No comments:

Post a Comment