Wednesday 20 June 2012

Sunset rose to Breakfast table

A little up date for our Breakfast table



















With this patriotic year of Jubilee's and Olympics, and with Union Flags fluttering just about everywhere, i thought it was time to give our breakfast table a little update ....in the spirit of things as it were! i found this jolly tea pot in Mounts Bay Trading, in Causeway Head Penzance and thought it was just the thing to give a little lift to our morning. Jolly and witty or just plain vulgar? Well I like it for fun - one small drawn back no body has ordered a pot of tea since I bought it so I staged a dry run before the guests arrived for their coffee!

The tea pot design was called "street party" and ratherr resonable
at just over £20

The morning sunshine is streaming in through
 the open door and Charles is waiting expectantly!

























Moving on to my second thought for the day as it were, the sunsets have been lovely for the last couple of nights, never more so than looking up through the blooms of our rose surrounded by its heavenly scent in the peace of the courtyard.

The rose is approaching its zenith now and fills the courtyard with its
delicate vintage scent

I loved the arching branch against the dusk

The last moments of the day

3 comments:

  1. you could always put coffee in it - it does look rather good (I don't normally "do" that sort of thing...but even i could be tempted by that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a teapot I would like, don't think they had it when we were there, I looked at the shop but didn't see anything that caught my we, this would have and the eggcups too, I collect eggcups, I am missing everything this trip.....oh well, the table looks lovely and festive!!!!!! Sue/Arlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Claire good idea but luckily yesterday somebody ordered Tea so it has is inaugural run and poured beautifully - I think the design just came in Sue - I spotted them near the check out the other day and after twenty four hours thought couldn't resist! Glad you like the table I try to keep it looking fresh with a little tweak every now and again. One day it will be waiting for you again Christinex

    ReplyDelete