Friday 18 January 2019

Winter days in our courtyard garden

View through a gate to a palm filled courtyard garden and farmhouse


Is it me or does the winter seem quite long this year? I know I'm already dreaming of summer now. One thing that never fails to cheer me up is our Mediterranean inspired courtyard garden that we made in the old farmyard just looking at the Date Palms always cheers me up every morning as I open the blinds.

Golden sun on the lower courtyard entrance


The fig trees that line the courtyard are bare now of course but they already have fat buds forming to give a gentle hint of the spring days to come and let me dream just a little bit of the warm mellow summer days to come when they will agian with their deep green glossy leaves that hide sweet fruits in their midst.

contrasting palm foliage and bare fig branches in a courtyard




No comments:

Post a Comment