Monday 7 January 2019

Today at Ednovean Farm

spring planting - hellebore



I
It was only a simple white flower pale and ethereal - almost too delicate to survive but it brightened up my morning as I hung the washing out this morning.

Over the years I've learnt to put the spring flowers near to the house in the places I'm likely to visit the most in the course of a working day when dusk comes early.


Spring flowers


So the little supermarket finds, the gifts from neighbours have found a home not in the outer garden where summer days tempt me to linger and wander but in the unpromising area betwixt house,stables and boundary wall. and on gloomy mornings how I treasure their appearance!

Catch up with my last Garden diary here

Spring bulbs emerging set in Terracotta pots
I've filled a selection of treasured terracotta pots with spring bulbs to put beside the front door

No comments:

Post a Comment