Thursday 19 May 2011

In pursuit of Poppies



This bright and blousey poppy appeared unexpectedly one year - not part of my sophisticated garden plan and each year goes from strength to strength - cheerfully voluptuous. at first I threatened to dig it up - this gaudy object in my delicate bed of lavender and herbs but each yea I forgot and now I really love it - my renegade poopy that bucks the trend.........maybe I#ll buy some more! I've been waiting for the sun to hit her bright delicate petals last night the subtle dusky light gave her a certain charm but.......





this morning as nature intended full volume




of certain vibrant colour. What is they say "the best laid plans of mice and men!"

1 comment:

  1. Super Poppy - I do love them - we also seem to have a renegade, I spotted the leaves a couple of weeks ago and eagerly await it's flowers. Sue

    ReplyDelete