Tuesday 1 February 2011

Just the right spot


Mount Bay from the top of Ednovean Farm

Mounts bay looked fabulous today with a steady stream of people crossing ant like to St Micheal's Mount on the causeway exposed by the low tide. Captivated by the warm sunshine I abandoned work to find just the right view There: - no, there was a tree. There:-  no, the telephone wire was in the way..... and so I continued up to the top of the farm across the horses scrupulously manicure field ( for which read they have eaten everything to a tight sward) From here you can just see Marazion in the corner of the bay running into Long rock and then Penzance with Newlyn over to the left.





Still it wasn't quite right and so i climbed the spoil heap of Wheal Neptune to see if that improved my view remembering when I used to jump the bank up across the top of the heap with my horse many moons ago before I settled for a more sedate life style!

Just the Mount and my memories
Well perhaps...............


St Micheal's Mount















But then I walked back to where I had started - it was all the same that perfect spot - the moment of magic of spring warmth and oh so blue sky and sea and in truth I loved it all the all encompassing Mounts bay with its jewel like Mount

No comments:

Post a Comment