Tuesday 10 May 2011

May Garden



We sat with a glass on wine in the courtyard last night - I could say peacefully lulled by the sea but in fact I was planing the onslaught on the borders today. I conducted the "chain gang massacre" yesterday afternoon on the redundant daffodils (so over Daffodils now!) in preparation for tackling the growing anarchy that is taking place amongst the herbage. Come back tomorrow to see if I survive!








Looking back into the courtyard from the garden





The Tracycarpus flower that I showed you last week




Sensational if slightly bizarre







Hostas and Ferns in front of the stable yard




Such a lush corner

2 comments:

  1. Your hostas look beautiful, I have planted them as well, but the slugs simply love them and have already eaten a nice pattern of holes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria - our secret army are some toads that live in the shadows and eat the slugs! Christine

    ReplyDelete