Thursday 21 April 2011

Dusk in the courtyard



i abandoned plans to go to Rosudgeon Car Boot sale when i saw the cue of traffic snaking away up the hill from the cross roads as i crossed with Danilon our Spanish Stallion earlier in the day. I decided that bargain lavender that I coveted to fill some gaps in the sundial garden was going to have to find anew owner. Luckily the traffic jam prisoners were all in a good mood and let Dani and me across the road to go for our ride around the Cornish lanes. I think I've abandoned my love affair with daffodils now in favour of the newly opened blue bells - delicate and intensely coloured the hug the banks and spill down on to the road side - the Cornish lanes really have been lovely this spring.

The evening was just as balmy and we ate super in the courtyard with the sparrows squabbling around us like small fighter pilots as we lingered into the dusk and watched the sea birds go overhead in orderly groups, back to their nesting sights on the cliffs below the village. Part of the daily routine of life here in West Cornwall



Danilon and me at Kestral Farm this week practising that illusive Dressage

3 comments:

  1. Sure was a long queue, I was in it and like a total prat I had forgotten all about the Car Boot sale or I could have turned and gone through Goldsithney - I just thought we had the usual tractor up at the front. Wondered if the fighter pilots were Swallows rather than sparrows, it's so wonderful to have them back again zooming around. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defo super charged sparrows Sue!! Love the swallows too and the sky larks are singing so well this year. It was avery good humoured traffic jam - two ncie young men let us across teh road! Happy Easter Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Sparrows are obviously very lazy ! Jim loves to walk up towards Ednovean and listen to the Skylarks - his very favourite birdsong and a real song of Summer ! Sue

    ReplyDelete