Monday 8 February 2010

A spring clean for the Pink room



Well it's the time of year for it and this weekend the Pink room had my undivided attention despite the blue skies beckoning outside. Moving a four poster bed is not a light undertaking but Charles and i pulled the weighty monster across the floor before i piled most of the furniture in the bed for the duration of operation vacuum cleaner, that lasted............some time!



I always find the Pink room is reassuringly cosy with the cocooning canopy of the bed for winter evenings




I remember the day that it was delivered - I was so excited as a battered van arrived with THE BED that I had long been waiting for from the Guild of Craftsmen.............Throughout the day it was steadily assembled, probably never again to leave the room




Yes it definitely wouldn't get back through that door again!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bed in a lovely room !
    I remember some friends that had a big loft conversion done and when it was finished found that there was no way that their beautiful bed could get up there ! They had to buy a new one that came in pieces ! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that must have been disappointing for them - beds are sort of cherished retreats at the end of the day. I've just found out how to do the cyber link thingy, so my blogs are full of links at the moment!! hope you visited the beds reletives Christine Tomorrow welly racks!

    ReplyDelete